How do I connect Leadfeeder and Salesforce?
Leadfeeder can connect to your Salesforce CRM allowing, you to send leads, create deals and opportunities, and see what companies you already have in Salesforce have also been identified as visitors by Leadfeeder!
The Salesforce integration for Leadfeeder is included as an option for every Premium subscription and is available to, and controlled by Administrative users.
Getting Salesforce connected has three parts. Integration, Configuration, and Leadfeeder setup. This article will take you through part one: Integration. Once Integration is complete, you will move to Configuration, and finally Leadfeeder setup.
Integration is a simple process you start within Leadfeeder!
Follow the steps on your screen and use this article to help.
1. Start within Leadfeeder and navigate to ‘Your Settings’.
2. Under ‘Website’ and ‘Integrations’ select Salesforce.
3. Unless your team requires Sandbox testing first, choose Standard, then click ‘Install package’. Make sure you have Admin privileges for your Salesforce instance and choose between the Standard and Sandbox installation.
4. Follow the steps on the screen, logging in with your admin credentials then paying close attention to user selection. Install for All Users is typically used because this option determines who within your organization is allowed to see the Leadfeeder visit details that we sync into your Salesforce.
5. After you have installed the Leadfeeder package, move to Step 4 on the Integration screen, choosing to send visit data during your initial installation and sync. Step 4 can have a significant impact on your Salesforce API usage.
The initial sync should be faster and require fewer requests to the Salesforce API if 'do not send visits' is selected. You can still enable this option later on in the integration settings after the initial setup if desired.
6. The final step in the standard integration, Leadfeeder Authorization, is next. Click ‘Continue’ for step 5.
When the next screen appears, click ‘Allow’. Without authorization, your integration will not work.
Now your standard installation of the Salesforce package and standard integration is complete! The first ‘sync’ begins now.
Your initial sync can take several hours. The larger that account, the longer it will take. Don’t worry, though! You still have some set up to do before you’ll be able to use the integration fully.
Now you can continue to 'Configuration', shown on your integration screen as step 6 and here on the sync screen as the next step. Move to this article 'Configure Your Leadfeeder Integration in Salesforce' - Part 2 of Integrating Leadfeeder and Salesforce for help!
As always, if you need extra help or have other questions, contact us via live chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Configure Your Leadfeeder Integration in Salesforce (Part 2 of 3)
- Setup Your Salesforce Integration in Leadfeeder (Part 3 of 3)
- Manually Send Leads to Salesforce
- Send Leads to Salesforce with Automation
- What Information is Sent to Salesforce when I integrate?