When you start off with Leadfeeder you are connecting a Google Analytics View to Leadfeeder.
Typically people connect a Google Analytics View that is tracking all website traffic, but if you’ve got a website that is both B2B and B2C, or you're not interested in traffic from every country then you could consider being a bit selective about the View you connect to Leadfeeder in order to get more relevant data.
- You're a B2C company with web pages for corporate partnerships and you only want to track these 'for-companies' pages.
- You sell to companies and individuals and you are using Leadfeeder to track companies.
- Your business is only interested in selling to companies in the United States and the United Kingdom.
How to create a new View: (see screen shot above)
- In Google Analytics click Admin.
- Select the correct Account and Property.
- Then in the dropdown menu under View click Create new view or select an existing view.
Next: How to add filters: (see screen shot below)
With a new View created called "test" we've clicked Filters to be able to make our selection.
In the example below we only want to track URLs that includes /organizers.
- We've selected Create new Filter.
- We've given the filter a name, in this case "only /organizers"
- We've selected the Filter Type to be Predefined.
- We've selected Include only / traffic to the subdirectories / that include
- Then we've input the subdirectory we want to track which is /organizers. In other words we want to track visits to all webpages that include /organizers in the URL.
- Then we press save.