Installing Leadfeeder Tracker onto your WordPress site is simple.
You have a couple of options!
The first and quickest way is to install Tracker with Google Tag Manager. If you already have Tag Manager on the site, then using it is the fastest, easiest thing to do. If you don't have Google Tag Manager, don't worry, there are other options.
Use a plugin to insert Leadfeeder Tracker.
- Add a plugin just as you would any other, by going to 'add new' under your Plugins menu inside Wordpress.
2. You can search here for a plugin that inserts scripts into the header of your site, or you can upload one if you have a favorite already.
3. We like H&F, Header, Footer, and Post Injections. However you could use a different one. Choose what works for you and click 'Install Now'
4. Once your plugin is installed make sure you activate it as shown below.
5. Find your plugin settings and insert the script in the Header of your site. You can also install into the footer - however we recommend the header! Make sure it goes onto every page!
6. Don’t forget to save your changes!
Insert the Leadfeeder Tracker directly into your theme's header template file.
If you aren't familiar with Wordpress and themes please reach out to a member of your team or use one of the other methods listed. You can negatively impact your site if a theme update is done wrong. Warning complete.
1. Within your Wordpress dashboard navigate to your Theme Editor - found under Appearance.
2. Once in the theme editor open the Theme Header, typically header.php.
3. Now paste the Tracker script above the closing head tag. Be sure to copy it exactly as shown in your settings. Using the copy to clipboard option and pasting from there is best. Once you have the script inserted, click Update File.
4. Edit traffic rules
The last step is to make sure your hostname rules are set properly. This tells Tracker what site to look at.
You can edit them in the 'Traffic rules' or edit 'Tracker settings'.
For example, the correct hostname for https://www.leadfeeder.com/ is www.leadfeeder.com and for https://leadfeeder.com/ is leadfeeder.com.
Once everything is set up properly and new visits are seen, it can take up to an hour to show you new leads in Leadfeeder. Hang in there!
If you have questions about if Tracker is set up right check out this article. You can also contact Leadfeeder support via chat or email us at email@example.com.