Leadfeeder gives you contacts for the companies that visit your site, including their email address. It should be as easy as clicking the mail icon to send that first email!
If you are having trouble such as the link not working, or opening from an email you don't use it may be because of your 'email defaults'.
The quickest way around this without changing any settings is to copy the email address then paste it into the email client of your choice. Right click on the email icon and choose 'copy email address' to copy.
However, if you would like to be able to use the quick 'mailto' links you can try the following.
- Open Chrome and navigate to "Settings."
- Click "Content settings" under "Privacy and security."
- Select "Handlers" and switch on the Ask protocol.
- Open Gmail in Chrome and click the Protocol Handler icon.
- Allow Gmail to open all email links.
On a Mac:
- Open Mail.
- Choose Preferences from the Mail menu, then click General. Or, if you're prompted to set up an email account, add your account, then choose Preferences from the Mail menu.*
- Choose your email app from the ”Default email reader” pop-up menu.
For Windows 10:
- Go to the Windows taskbar and select "Start".
- Select "Settings" (the gear icon).
- In the Windows Settings dialog box, go to the Find a setting text box and enter "Default".
- Select "Default" app settings.
- Select "Mail" to display a list of email apps that are installed on your computer.
- Choose a different email app from the list or select Look for an app in the Store to install a different email app.
- Close the Settings dialog box.
If you need further help contact Leadfeeder support if needed.