If your Mailchimp integration doesn't seem to be working, it may be caused by one of the reasons below.
1. In order to use Mailchimp integration in Leadfeeder you have to turn on Google Analytics integration in your Mailchimp campaigns.
These steps are done in Mailchimp, not in your Leadfeeder account. You can read these instructions in Mailchimp knowledge base, too.
First click on your profile name and choose Account
Then click on "Google: Analytics, Contacts and Docs"
Click Authorize Connection
If you're not already signed into your Google account, you'll be asked to log in. If you have several Google accounts, you can select the one you want to use.
Click Grant access after you log in. You'll return to your Mailchimp account and a success message will appear.
Now you have set up Mailchimp Google Analytics integration for your account. However, you must set up the integration for every campaign you send, too.
2. When creating campaigns, make sure you have checked "Google Analytics link tracking" checkbox in your campaigns Setup step:
If your Google Analytics link tracking checkbox is unselectable, there's an issue with your accounts Google Analytics integration.
After you've turned on Google Analytics integration in Mailchimp, make sure that you have integrated Mailchimp and Leadfeeder properly, too.
3. If you use Clicktale link tracking, make sure your tags do not have any spaces in them.
Spaces in your tags cause errors in the integration. Below is an example of the incorrect way to name your tags because it includes spaces between your words:
Instead of spaces, it's recommended you use underscores in between each word. Below is an example of the correct way to name your tags using underscores:
4. Make sure that your Google Analytics tracking script is put at the top of the page before the closing </head> tag.
For more information on Analytics tracking, visit this Google Analytics support page.
5. Do you have links to your website in the Mailchimp emails?
In order for Leadfeeder to see visits there needs to be a link to your site that has been clicked from within the email. This could be a link to a new product page or blog, or even just a link to the home page! Note that the link needs to direct link without any shorteners, like bitly link. Also, the linked page needs to be tracked by Leadfeeder Tracker.
Note: If you by accident click on your user’s link on Mailchimp newsletter and now you are connected to that email subscriber in your browser, please delete all cookies for all time from that browser to solve this. Then all your future visits will be shown correctly.